Eight seasoned and chang-emaking ambassadors share their advice for aspiring social entrepreneurs in a feature interview from the UK Social Entrepreneur Index.
The interviewees include:
- Andrew Bastawrous, founder of Peek Vision
- Lucy Buck, founder of Childs i Foundation
- Rosie Ginday, founder of Miss Macaroon
- Alan Mahon, founder of Brewgooder
- Cameron Saul, founder of BOTTLETOP
- Paul Skidmore, founder of Rising Academies
- Rachel Wang, founder of Chocolate Films
- Kate Welch, founder of Social Enterprise Acumen CIC
The UK Social Entrepreneur Index is sponsored by UBS. It is a celebration of social entrepreneurship across the UK. The initiative is open to all social entrepreneurs tackling a social or environmental issue.Read the Entire Article
Recent Grant News Headlines
Up to the minute current grant news from foundations and the federal government from around the Web.
Social Startups Are Here, But Going Nowhere
Maggie Coggan, a Journalist at Pro Bono News covering the social sector, shares a NESTA report's findings that reveal European social entrepreneurs are struggling to scale their startups due to a...more
Teachers Named Ambassadors for Innovation
Five Utica Community Schools teachers have been recognized as Classroom Maker Ambassadors for the "Makerspaces" program that creates a learning environment to support innovation in students.
Attracting Millennials To The Mission
Melanie Lockwood Herman, Executive Director of the Nonprofit Risk Management Center in Leesburg, VA, highlights a Fast Company magazine story, titled "Millennials in the Corner Office, Gen Y Bosses...more